To be successful and enduring, programs must clearly demonstrate their effectiveness. Our approach helps you assess your program’s performance and use data to inform decisions, drive change, convey value, and build and maintain external support.
How We Do It
- Identify measurement use cases and secure staff and leadership buy-in
- Clarify program design and identify key assessment points through custom logic models
- Design technically sound measures aligned with use cases
- Create data systems to compile and store program performance data, as well as use case dashboards
- Facilitate data-driven reviews to identify opportunities and plan performance improvements
- Use data to meet federal reporting requirements and convey program value to stakeholders
- Ensure data quality through verification and validation (V&V) assessments
The Nexight Advantage
- Measurement expertise — Our PhDs have more than 25 years of experience helping DOE, NSF, DHS, DOL, FERC, and non-government organizations improve their performance management practices and culture. We have developed more than 50 logic models, designed data systems that track over 400 metrics, and completed over 80 performance measure verification and validation assessments.
- Federally recognized best practices — Our performance measurement V&V approach was deemed a best practice for the federal government and is used in multiple federal agencies.
- Proven tools and methods — We help organizations building internal performance measurement capability by providing guidance materials (e.g., measure development, target setting, data collection steps, V&V methodology, case studies), as well as measurement consultation, training, and coaching.
- Deep understanding of federal performance framework – We have extensive experience helping programs meet performance management requirements of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Government Performance and Results Act Modernization Act (GPRAMA)—and we understand not only the letter but the spirit of these requirements.
To discuss your performance management needs, please contact John Mortensen.