We are thrilled to announce that Nexight technical communications have won awards from the Washington, DC-Baltimore Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) annual competition for the sixth year in a row.
The STC’s annual technical communications competition calls on professionals in the communications field to evaluate materials from across the region on factors such as organization, clarity and tone, document design, and ability to effectively communicate to the intended audience. The following Nexight submissions earned awards this year:
- Achieving Large-Scale, Cost-Effective, Reproducible Manufacturing of High-Quality Cells: A Technology Roadmap to 2025, Award of Excellence – Developed on behalf of the National Cell Manufacturing Consortium (NCMC)—funded by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Advanced Manufacturing Technology Consortia (AMTech) program—this roadmap identifies challenges that currently constrain cell manufacturing and provides a pathway for developing, advancing, and implementing advanced technologies that enable the reproducible manufacturing of high-quality cells cost-effectively and at a large scale.
- National Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIAC): Water Sector Resilience Final Report and Recommendations, Award of Merit – This high-level report of the National Infrastructure Advisory Council’s (NIAC) Working Group and Study Group summarizes the results of several facilitated work sessions and interviews with subject matter experts, infrastructure owners and operators, national leaders, academics, and government representatives. It identifies key findings on Water Sector resilience and offers action-oriented recommendations to the Federal Government to improve security and resilience in the sector.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS): 2015 Sector-Specific Plan (SSP) Sector Snapshots, Award of Merit – Developed as part of the Sector Specific Plans (SSPs) that provide strategies for navigating the unique operating conditions and risk landscape within each of the nation’s critical infrastructure sectors, these snapshots present a graphical overview of each sector to enhance the understanding of the report’s recommendations and serve as a standalone “state of play” for each sector. Since SSPs were published, these snapshots have since been distributed separately from the report to establish a common understanding of each sector among partners. (View all Sector Specific Plans on the DHS website.) As part of the National Infrastructure Protection Plan, the public and private sector partners in each of the 16 critical infrastructure sectors and the state, local, tribal, and territorial government community have developed a Sector-Specific Plan that focuses on the unique operating conditions and risk landscape within that sector. Developed in close collaboration with federal agencies and private sector partners, the Sector-Specific Plans are updated every four years to ensure that each sector is adjusting to the ever-evolving risk landscape.
Effective technical communications are fundamental to Nexight’s approach to problem solving. Awards like these reaffirm our commitment to developing communication materials that are clearly written and thoughtfully designed to convey clear and compelling messages that drive our audiences to take action.
Past STC Award Winners:
- Sound & Sensible Program Infographic (2016)
- PERC Energy POD Dashboard (2016)
- Advancing Thermal Manufacturing: A Technology Roadmap to 2020 (2016)
- Plastics and Polymer Composites Technology Roadmap for Automotive Markets (2015)
- How to Put a Price on Power Loss (2015)
- A Comparative Analysis of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Propane and Competing Energy Options (2015)
- Cooking for Life: Roadmap to a Billion (2015)
- ASME Advanced Manufacturing Environmental Scan (2014)
- TMS Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Implementation Study Report (2014)
- E4C Analysis of Available Platforms and Methods Infographic (2014)
- TMS Innovation Impact Report (2013)
- Municipal Wastewater Reuse by Electric Utilities: Best Practices and Future Directions (2013)
- Electric Power Industry Needs for Grid-Scale Storage Applications (2012)
- Initiative to Address Complex Systems Failure: Prevention and Mitigation of Consequences (2012)
- Remote Tank Level Monitoring System Executive Summary (2012)
- Securing Tomorrow’s Grid (Part 1 and Part 2) (2012)