Visual Communications Analyst | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking a critical thinker with the proven ability to analyze complex information and communicate the results through a range of compelling print and digital visual products. This person should:
- Have the ability to listen actively in early-stage concept meetings with Nexight staff and clients, pick up on the needs being expressed, ask targeted clarifying questions, and provide thoughtful insight in real time that helps define and shape the end product.
- Understand how to communicate verbally and visually to different target audiences. This includes the ability to translate complex concepts into visualizations that resonate with specific audiences, structure layouts that organize content into clear and compelling narrative arguments, and apply visual elements with intention.
- Be able to both apply basic design principles and visual creativity to craft fresh, modern-looking products that align with client branding guidelines and push the boundaries of what Nexight offers where possible.
Nexight Group is a small technical and management consulting firm working for a variety of clients in many topic areas. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important to skills and subject matter expertise.
An ideal Visual Communications Analyst should also be comfortable taking on writing and editing tasks and possess additional skills, such as interactive design, animation, web design, video production, or marketing expertise.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and design a range of modern-looking communication materials including fact sheets, reports, presentations, infographics, and digital products for specific target audiences.
- Actively participate, listen, and provide real-time strategic advice on visualization and design choices in concept meetings with Nexight staff and clients, usually as an integral part of the project team.
- Rapidly build an understanding of both target audiences and specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into compelling visual products with clear, logical structure and flow.
- Express complex concepts in creative and accurate ways and apply graphic design principles to produce clean, fresh products that exceed client expectations.
- Edit content and designed drafts of communication materials to eliminate errors.
- Contribute to Nexight Group marketing efforts via the development of website content, promotional materials, and social media content.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, English, journalism, or other related field
- 1–5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience developing clear, modern graphics and document layouts that are focused on driving target audiences to take specific action
- Ability to think critically and work well in both independent and team-based environments
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Adaptability to changes in direction, project types, subject matter, and workload
- Ability to receive a Public Trust Clearance
- Must provide a portfolio of sample work
- Master’s degree
- More than 3 years of professional experience
- Experience with any of the following:
- Web design and content management systems
- Data visualization and interactive graphic design
- Animation and/or video production
- Marketing and branding strategy
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Interest and/or experience in technical topics such as energy, climate change, infrastructure security and resilience, cyber security, public health, and materials and manufacturing innovation
Why Nexight Group?
We believe hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where people can have fun and excel professionally. We’re in a small firm with a family atmosphere and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. You will visibly contribute to the success for the company, be empowered to manage your career, and encouraged to explore your professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio or samples of your work. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary; attractive benefits including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.