Senior Project Manager | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful individual with proven experience managing the development and completion of complex project deliverables. An ideal Senior Project Manager has a knack for leading and working alongside teams with diverse skills sets, performing desktop research, conducting thoughtful analysis, synthesizing information to draw meaningful conclusions, writing original and engaging content that accurately communicates complex information, developing and managing project schedules, monitoring budgets, and coordinating the execution of project deliverables.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Manage teams providing analytic and strategic support to an executive-level council focused on conducting in-depth studies on complex physical and cyber risks facing the nation’s critical infrastructure.
- Work with and along-side a team to deliver quality and timely results to a client with specialized needs.
- Rapidly build an understanding of specialized information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into a format that is accessible for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, analyze trends and future directions, develop insightful and accurate synthesis of key issues, and tackle similar tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Produce succinct, accurate, and well-documented analyses that synthesize subject-specific information—understanding the difference between summarizing and synthesizing information—at a level appropriate to the target audience, from executives to employees at all levels of an organization.
- Lead calls and facilitate in-person work sessions with senior executives to help identify key themes and reach consensus on proposed solutions.
- Develop thoughtful questions and conduct and summarize interviews with executives, technical and subject matter experts, and government program managers to inform insights on topics of study.
- Write and edit concise and engaging content for fact sheets, talking points, presentations, in-depth reports, white papers, and other documents (ranging from 1 to 100 pages in length), individually and with a team, that communicate complex information to a range of audiences, including non-technical readers.
- Review and edit analyses conducted by others and provide constructive feedback, ensuring technical accuracy of materials at all times while improving grammar, readability, style, flow, and persuasiveness to achieve objectives.
- Manage the editorial and revision process for complex documents that synthesize large amounts of data into clear and concise content to aid decision-makers.
Summary of Qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels of seniority
- Experience leading and working with teams to execute on client-facing deliverables
- Experience developing and managing in-depth research and complex documents
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Project Management Professional certification
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience working in critical infrastructure, cybersecurity, and/or policy
- Experience managing studies and/or executive councils and working groups
- Experience working in a writing-heavy discipline
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.