Senior Project Manager and Facilitator | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful individual with proven experience in program management, facilitation, strategic planning, and cross-functional team leadership and management. An ideal Senior Project Manager has a knack for leading and working alongside teams with diverse skill sets, developing and managing project schedules and budgets, and coordinating the execution of high-quality project deliverables.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Manage contracts to ensure compliance with requirements and deliver products that are responsive to client needs.
- Develop and track project schedules, budgets, and milestones using industry best practices.
- Control costs and schedule as requirements change.
- Understand, respond to, and manage tasks that may overlap in schedule and required assets.
- Work with and along-side a team to deliver quality and timely results to a client with specialized needs.
- Rapidly build an understanding of specialized information in new subject areas and translate that understanding into products that are accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Design, organize, and facilitate strategic planning workshops, meetings, and roundtables with diverse groups of stakeholders.
Summary of Qualifications
- 10–15 years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels of seniority
- Experience managing contracts and budgets
- Experience leading and working with teams to execute on client-facing deliverables
- Experience designing, organizing, and facilitating workshops, work sessions, and other meetings to help diverse groups come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Professional experience managing federal contracts
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.