Analyst (junior-level) | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful research analyst with proven experience quickly becoming conversant in new technical topic areas, particularly related to IT systems, cybersecurity, and engineering. An ideal analyst must apply his or her expertise to conduct desktop research efficiently, offer critical analysis, synthesize information to draw meaningful conclusions, and write original and engaging content (from in-depth studies to short talking points) that accurately communicates complex information.
Nexight Group is a small technical and management consulting firm working for a variety of clients in many topic areas. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important to skills and subject matter expertise.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Rapidly build understanding of specialized, highly technical information in new subject areas and translate complex subjects into plain English for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, analyze future trends and patterns in the cybersecurity domain, synthesize relevant data, develop insightful and accurate visualizations of key issues, and tackle other related tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Develop multifaceted desktop research plans for effective data collection, management, and analysis.
- Assist in facilitating and engaging diverse groups of expert stakeholders to build partnerships, reach consensus decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Build subject matter expertise and use it to effectively synthesize research, data, and expert viewpoints, while tailoring information to the right audience.
- Contribute to Nexight Group marketing efforts via the development of website content, promotional materials, and social media content
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or comparative experience
- At least two years of professional experience working at least indirectly within the technology research industry
- U.S. Citizenship (required to obtain a security clearance)
- Experience in analysis and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand highly technical, complex information and translate it for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, cybersecurity, computer sciences, or related scientific fields with demonstrated writing experience
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience in communicating data visually
- Experience conducting stakeholder consultations via interviews, focus groups, or facilitated workshops
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.