Project/Product Manager | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful individual with proven experience managing projects and/or programs. An ideal project/product manager has a knack for analyzing and coordinating program analyst functions of a firm or organization.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Conduct program or organizational studies and evaluations, as well as work simplification.
- Design systems and procedures, as well as prepare operations and procedures manuals, to assist clients in operating more efficiently and effectively on projects.
- Establish the methodology and operationalize the requirements gathering and validation process for potential projects.
- Assist in the development of Project Management Plans (PMPs) for clients.
- Assist in monitoring the status, budgets, funding structure, and deliverables for projects.
- Conduct planning, scheduling, logistics, and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders.
- Work individually and with a team to research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, and tackle tasks that require strong critical thinking and analysis of complex problems.
- Participate in and support face-to-face meetings with middle- or higher-level managers and executives.
- Develop and track project schedules to ensure continuous progress needed to meet a known deadline.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 3 years of professional experience
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels of seniority
- Strong desire to work with teams, keeping clear lines of communication and meeting shared goals
- Demonstrated experience coordinating document development
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, that reflect strong critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis capabilities
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience facilitating diverse groups to come to consensus or collaborate on a way forward
- Full-time professional experience in a policy analysis and/or project management consulting or other professional environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to email@example.com and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.