Office Administrator | Silver Spring, MD
Nexight Group is seeking an intelligent, thoughtful individual who has a knack for performing duties that range from general office management to light bookkeeping and HR. This position is a great opportunity for a recent graduate, a working parent seeking work-life balance, or retiree desiring to re-enter the workforce.
We are a small consulting firm working in a wide mix of subject areas for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Adaptability, critical thinking, and genuine curiosity are all equally important.
Applicants should have the necessary skills to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Bridge the gap between Operations and IT support by coordinating requests, and work with Director of Accounting and IT Vendor to complete tasks and assist with communications.
- Work with third-party service providers and vendors to help coordinate insurance requirements, benefits programs, and other corporate requirements.
- Lead the effort to track and manage the company’s assets; help define the process and improve reporting to management.
- Lead recruiting efforts by reviewing and screening job applicants.
- Support the Accounting department (as needed) by filing, performing data entry, reconciliations, research and other tasks.
- Maintain office by ordering and receiving supplies.
- Coordinate large shipments for client meetings.
Summary of Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with all levels company-wide
- Ability to work well in both independent and team-based environments
- Strict attention to detail with minimal oversight required
- An entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” spirit that realizes value in all tasks, large and small, likes to learn by doing, and desires continuous improvement and innovation
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s in related field
- Professional experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Experience conducting routine monthly accounting tasks, including:
- Accounts receivable: reviewing expenses, preparing invoices, recording payments, making bank deposits, reporting and following up on past-due invoices.
- Accounts payable: recording incoming invoices; paying invoices; reviewing all subcontractor invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with contractual conditions.
- Reviewing expense reimbursement claims for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with contractual conditions.
Why Nexight Group?
We believe in hiring the best people possible and creating a stimulating work environment where employees can have fun and excel professionally. We’re a small firm with a family atmosphere, and we value a work-life balance. At Nexight Group, you will not be bogged down in bureaucratic processes, but you will be challenged to perform at a high level, even outside your area of expertise. Employees visibly contribute to the success of the company, and are empowered to manage their careers and encouraged to explore professional interests.
To apply, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements and an explanation of how your skills and background fit with the position. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
All full-time employees of Nexight Group receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including medical and dental insurance, company contributions to employee health savings accounts (HSAs), company 401(k) contributions, profit sharing, and an annual bonus program.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. PRINCIPALS ONLY. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals of protected veterans desired. Equal Opportunity Employer.