The Nexight Advantage
We have a unique ability to get to the heart of issues. Our proven methods are based on 20+ years of experience leading more than 500 collaborative planning sessions in dozens of sectors throughout the United States and across the globe. Our research, analysis, and performance management supports critical decision making, and our award-winning communications resonate with our clients’ unique audiences to move solutions forward.
Learn more about what we do.
What We Believe
At Nexight, we believe in:
- Being good thought partners
- Providing customized, right-sized solutions
- Cultivating relationships
- Fostering collaboration
- Creating impactful communication
- Producing outcomes rather than outputs
- Continuously innovating
- Doing consistently excellent work
Since 2010, Nexight has been providing tailored, collaborative solutions that help address some of our world’s biggest problems—with proven results.
- Led by senior leaders with decades of experience in technical and management consulting
- 40+ staff members with a wide variety of skill sets and areas of expertise
- 100% with bachelor’s degrees
- More than 60% with advanced degrees (business management, communications, information systems, engineering, and materials science)
- 28 technical communications awards
- Clients include commercial and government organizations on four continents
- 34% commercial work and 66% government work
- Successful small business prime contractor to six federal agencies: DOE, DOL, DHS, HHS, NSF, and USDA
- More than 75% of our work is repeat business from satisfied clients
- Located minutes outside the nation’s capital in Silver Spring, MD, with convenient Metro and MARC Train access
Meet the Team
Intellectual curiosity and ambition define us. We bring our clients fresh ideas and unique solutions. We thrive on effecting real change to address complex global problems.
- Ross BrindleFounder and Chief Executive OfficerI enjoy working with smart people on hard, important problems. I love my job at Nexight because I am forced to be analytical and creative almost every day.
Founder and Chief Executive OfficerMBA Global Strategy, University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business; BS Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State UniversityRoss oversees private and non-profit client work focusing on energy, climate change, manufacturing, innovation, and global development issues. He is an expert in facilitating high-level consensus-building strategy workshops, having led more than 250 such workshops on six continents. Ross also helps R&D programs plan, execute, measure, and communicate results more effectively.Email: email@example.com
- Jack EisenhauerFounder and Senior AdvisorThe best thing about Nexight is that I get to work with really smart people in a creative environment to solve important problems.
Founder and Senior AdvisorMBA Operations Management, University of Washington; MA and BA Regional Science, University of PennsylvaniaJack works with senior leaders in government and industry to help them tackle complex problems. He draws upon 35 years of consulting experience to quickly pinpoint the root cause of problems and connect the dots to uncover creative solutions that get results.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick WhiteChief Operating OfficerThe projects I enjoy most involve finding a solution for a shared issue that would not have been possible without the collaboration.
Chief Operating OfficerBS Management Information Systems & Operations Management, University of ArizonaPatrick leads Nexight Group’s internal and external project management and oversees strategic planning sessions and large projects for clients. His experience in program management, strategy development, roadmapping, and change management initiatives helps clients make meaningful changes in their fields.Email: email@example.com
- John MortensenVice PresidentI find the enthusiastic and collaborative spirit at Nexight beneficial to clients and staff alike.
Vice PresidentPh.D., Public Administration, Syracuse University, Maxwell School; Master’s Degree, Public Administration, Syracuse University, Maxwell School; Bachelor’s Degree, Physics; Political Science, State University of New York at PotsdamJohn joined Nexight’s leadership to build our capacity in program measurement, analysis, and evaluation. He brings a wealth of experience in using performance measurement to improve operations, provide accountability, and communicate value. His work includes an array of subject matter, including clean energy, energy regulation, standards, and homeland security.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darrel AllenOffice AdministratorThere are many solutions to complex problems. My passion is finding the solution that not only works but also stands out from all others. Nexight embraces that same ideology.
Office AdministratorBA Psychology, Syracuse University; BA Communications, Syracuse UniversityDarrel has nearly 20 years of executive administration experience, ranging from Data Entry Clerk to Operations Manager. He brings a wide array of unique skills and proficiencies to the table, often doing his best work in high pressure situations that bring out his creative energy. Darrel has received numerous client accommodations and intra-organizational awards recognizing his hard work and accomplishments. At Nexight, Darrel is that “go-to person,” willing to chip in wherever and whenever assistance is needed.Email: email@example.com
- Mel AntonAssociateI enjoy how everyone at Nexight is willing and eager to not only provide their own expertise when called upon, but to grow and learn from those around them.
AssociateMA Sociology, BA Criminology, West Virginia UniversityMel brings experience in data and research collection and analysis to Nexight Group. Her critical eye for detail and depth of knowledge surrounding analytics helps her resolve the challenges facing our clients.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annie BestVisual Communications ConsultantMy role at Nexight allows me to put my visual thinking skills to work in the service of exciting and complex challenges.
Visual Communications ConsultantMasters of Urban Design, Carnegie Mellon University; BA Liberal Arts, The New School UniversityAnnie's background in urban policy and design has led her to specialize in creating highly visual products and publications that explain complex concepts to diverse audiences. At Nexight, she uses these skills to deliver creative visual communications concepts to clients, emphasizing depth and clarity of information.Email: email@example.com
- Beza BisratTechnical AnalystI love that at Nexight, each person brings a unique set of skills that, when combined, can exceed the needs of any client.
Technical AnalystBS Chemical Engineering, Northwestern UniversityBeza has a strong background in engineering and manufacturing technology coupled with a passion for combining technology and communication to address world problems. Her skills in data collection and analysis give her a unique perspective in creating technical reports and recommendations for clients.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen BolotinProgram ManagerI’m proud to work at a firm that moves the needle on critical issues like national security, scientific innovation, and public health. There is a never a dull moment at Nexight Group.
Program ManagerMPP, Georgetown University, McCourt School of Public Policy; BA with Honors in English, Skidmore CollegeStephen advises leaders in government and industry in tackling a wide range of challenges including climate change, cybersecurity, and economic development. He brings to Nexight extensive experience in public-private partnerships in the energy, defense, agriculture, and infrastructure sectors and strives to facilitate innovation, problem solving, and consensus building among diverse stakeholders. To this end, he leverages a background in science writing, public policy, and innovative technology development.Email: email@example.com
- Jacqueline BowenEditorial ConsultantAt Nexight, I have the opportunity to work with an inspiring group of professionals who approach each new challenge with care, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Editorial ConsultantBA Global Affairs, George Mason UniversityWith a broad-ranging writing and editing background that includes technical document production and digital marketing communications, Jacqueline is experienced in crafting content geared toward a wide variety of audiences.Throughout her career, she has created training materials, presentations, and other resources conveying complex information in a clear, engaging, and approachable way. She brings this passion for crisp communication to our clients, helping them highlight the issues that matter most to their stakeholders.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay CareyAssociateI am very proud to put my experience to work solving problems at Nexight. I have never worked with a more talented, hard-working, and passionate group of professionals than the Nexight team.
AssociateBS Environmental Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College ParkJay’s previous experience in consulting and sales has provided him with expertise in analysis, research, technical writing, client relations, and project management. Jay uses his skills to convey technical information, manage writing processes, assess risk, and develop project-specific solutions for Nexight’s clients.Email: email@example.com
- Harin J. ContractorProgram ManagerThe ability to translate data and in-depth research for our clients and the public in a way that’s easily accessible is a key differentiator. At Nexight, we have the intelligence and creativity to do this in a way that’s truly impactful.
Harin J. Contractor
Program ManagerMPP Public Policy & Economics, University of Chicago; BA Political Science and Economics, University of GeorgiaHarin is a subject matter expert in workforce development and broadband accessibility. An economist by trade, Harin is the former Economic Policy Advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Labor during the Obama Administration. Harin most recently was the Director of Workforce Policy at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. He hopes to use research, workshops, strategic planning, and data to help make an impact for Nexight’s clients.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Beckhart CoppingerAssociateAt Nexight, I love working on projects across many different industries. I enjoy interacting with my team members and clients to create innovative solutions to improve society.
Sarah Beckhart Coppinger
AssociateMA History, Columbia University; BA History, Franklin & Marshall CollegeSarah is passionate about learning how to solve world problems. She uses her background in public health and public policy and her well-honed skills in research, writing, and analysis to bring a unique perspective in meeting clients’ diverse needs.Email: email@example.com
- Anthony D'AndreaResearch and Communications AssociateAt Nexight, I enjoy participating in a team of colleagues who support our clients through a multi-disciplinary framework to provide the support they need in research, communications, and strategic planning.
Research and Communications AssociateBA Politics, Marymount UniversityAnthony provides experience in social science research, strategic and crisis communications, marketing, as well as the implementation of diversity and inclusive excellence and food security initiatives. Anthony joined Nexight to support the company’s work of addressing providing practical and comprehensive solutions for complex problems.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karsten DaponteProgram ManagerI love working alongside our talented team and share their passion for high quality work to enable insights, innovation, and positive change.
Program ManagerMIPP International Relations (Strategic Studies), Johns Hopkins University - School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS); BS Ocean Engineering, U.S. Naval AcademyKarsten specializes in guiding the synthesis between strategy implementation, technology and innovation, policy, governance, and stakeholder engagement. He has deep experience in enabling an organization’s collaborative decision-making processes to focus their time, energy, and resources on the initiatives that are most impactful to the achievement of their objectives.Email: email@example.com
- Scott DrinkallResearch and Communications AnalystI enjoy interacting with team members and clients to be part of a greater effort to implement diverse ideas to ultimately improve standards in health, security, and happiness.
Research and Communications AnalystMA Geography, University of Miami; MA English, Hardin-Simmons University; BS Aerospace Engineering, University of MichiganScott brings experience in environmental policy, public health, and international development to Nexight Group. He draws from a broad skillset in data collection, analysis, writing, and editing to meet clients’ diverse needs.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob FoyVisual Communications AssociateAt Nexight, I get to leverage my subject interests and background toward finding new and effective ways of representing complicated concepts for issues that really matter.
Visual Communications AssociateBA Art History and Archaeology, University of Maryland College Park; BA Anthropology, University of Maryland College ParkRob has a varied background in cultural studies research, urban ecological design, and architectural visualization. He specializes in distilling complex relationships, ideas, and concepts into compelling visuals that resonate with target audiences.Email: email@example.com
- Jenn GanssResearch and Communications AssociateI’m grateful for the opportunity to work with colleagues and clients who are aligned in their mission and work hard to effect positive change
Research and Communications AssociateBA Cultural Anthropology and Sociology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Certificate in Intelligence Analytics, Anne Arundel Community CollegeJenn’s diverse background in anthropology, sociology, and intelligence analytics allows her to think both creatively and critically. Her experience working with multidisciplinary teams helps her distill stakeholder input into actionable and meaningful products.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurie GoodellResearch and Communications Associate/EditorI look forward to using my educational and professional experience to help Nexight clients stay abreast of threats to their constituencies’ well-being and assist those clients in mitigation of general and sector-specific vulnerabilities.
Research and Communications Associate/EditorMA, National Security and Intelligence Studies, Notre Dame College; BA, Political Science/Comparative Area Studies in Russia and Eastern Europe, Duke UniversityLaurie was the lead editor for the Global Intelligence Division at a worldwide risk management firm. She also brings experience in intelligence and risk analysis of Russia and teaching middle school English and social studies. At Nexight, Laurie marries her security experience with her love and curation of precise English to produce and edit written and digital products for clients. She believes in the need for clear communication in this field, and she is looking forward to productive collaboration with smart, well-trained colleagues and clients.Email: email@example.com
- Fred HansenPrincipal ConsultantIt is a joy to work in a truly collaborative environment with some smart and creative people, but Nexight’s commitment to making a real difference for our clients and for society inspires me to bring my heart to work.
Principal ConsultantPhD Organization and Management Science, Capella University; MS Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Minnesota; BS Economics and Psychology, Georgetown UniversityFred has over 30 years of experience in business consulting and has worked on numerous project for both public and private sector clients. He is an expert in program performance measurement and evaluation, with advanced knowledge in psychometrics, statistics, and analytic methods. He also provides strategic planning and roadmapping services and has published several articles on strategic management. Fred is a skilled facilitator who has developed and delivered training on a variety of topics such as the role of finance in business, customer service, and developing people.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gabriel HendersonAssociateInvestigating the complex challenges of modern society is as enriching as it is rewarding. At Nexight, the opportunities to do so are boundless.
AssociatePhD History, Michigan State University; BA Economics & Philosophy, Ohio Wesleyan UniversityGabriel is an analyst with more than a decade of experience examining the complex interconnections between modern risk management and communication strategies, scientific knowledge, and policy development. With a background in the humanities and social sciences, he is passionate about applying his research, writing, and analytical skills to deliver concise and meaningful deliverables to clients.Email: email@example.com
- Jack HolmesConsultantI enjoy working with a smart, passionate team with diverse backgrounds to solve problems for our clients.
ConsultantBS Energy Engineering and BS Energy Business & Finance, Pennsylvania State UniversityJack joined Nexight to work on research projects, particularly in the energy field. He brings experience in conducting renewable energy and climate change studies, and evaluating the technological and financial challenges facing the sustainable production of energy around the globe.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsay KishterDirectorAt Nexight I’m surrounded by smart people—both clients and colleagues—doing work I’m invested in.
DirectorMaster of Communication Management, University of Southern California Annenberg School; BA Journalism, University of Maryland Philip Merrill College of JournalismLindsay brings clear, concise, and compelling writing to outreach and strategic planning pieces. She accurately synthesizes complex technical information and presents it in products that combine engaging writing styles with effective design. Her specialty is leading consensus-based projects to deliver a unified, succinct, and logical product that drives action.Email: email@example.com
- Jared KostersSenior Technical ConsultantI enjoy working at a company that promotes collaboration and celebrates the diversity of professional backgrounds needed to arrive at a solution.
Senior Technical ConsultantMS Materials Science and Engineering, University of Dayton; BS Mechanical Engineering, University of DaytonJared researches, analyzes, summarizes, and communicates the results of technical reports, studies, and papers that address materials and manufacturing innovation, energy, and infrastructure protection issues. He investigates a wide range of scientific topics and has a keen ability to locate and verify technical material with certainty.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel LanspaCommunications ConsultantI love the diversity of backgrounds everyone has at Nexight, and I appreciate the opportunity to add my own writing skills and background in language into the mix.
Communications ConsultantBA English Communications and Technology, University of Maryland, Baltimore CountyRachel brings experience in writing, editing, multimedia document creation, technology, and business to Nexight Group. She uses her experience in research and critical thinking to help solve issues facing our clients, and she applies her strong writing skills to help her coworkers more effectively present the results of their work.Email: email@example.com
- Sarah LichtnerDirectorWorking at Nexight allows me to use my writing and editing to help great ideas make an impact.
DirectorMA Writing, concentration in science and medical writing, Johns Hopkins University; BA English Literature, University of Maryland, Baltimore CountySarah specializes in organizing and presenting vast amounts of technical information to convey key messages clearly and accurately, particularly to non-technical audiences. She manages large, time-intensive projects with precision, and produces polished, well-researched products that effectively communicate and persuade audiences.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audrey LievensCommunications and Research AnalystAt Nexight, I love being able to research and develop projects across a wide variety of industries, all while working with such an intelligent and driven team.
Communications and Research AnalystMA Political Science, James Madison University; BA International Relations, University of OklahomaAudrey has a background in international due diligence, risk analysis, and policy development. She specializes in researching, editing, and streamlining projects for Nexight Group.Email: email@example.com
- Lindsay PackDirectorI enjoy using the power of clear language and design to communicate complex concepts in ways that make the most sense for a particular audience. At Nexight, I have the opportunity to think both critically and creatively.
DirectorMA Publications Design, University of Baltimore; BA English and Economics, St. Mary’s College of MarylandLindsay specializes in crafting strategic communications that combine sharp writing and functional design to accurately convey complex technical information. She leads an award-winning team of writers, editors, and designers in developing a range of compelling communications materials that resonate with target audiences and drive them to act.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason PearlmanVisual Communications AnalystI love using illustration to visually clarify complex information, and my Nexight colleagues are the perfect thought partners to help make this happen!
Visual Communications AnalystBFA, Illustration, Fashion Institute of Technology - SUNYJason’s illustrations solve complex communication challenges with innovative visual solutions. His work translates data and information into bold images, creating memorable stories and messages.Email: email@example.com
- Matt PembletonResearch and Communications ConsultantAt Nexight, I get to use the skills I developed as a scholar to connect the dots between granular policy problems and the big picture of American society and government.
Research and Communications ConsultantPhD & MA History, American University; BA History & Political Science, St. Mary’s College of MarylandMatt is an award-winning writer and historian of U.S. public health and safety with over a decade of experience as an educator and analyst. He provides critical research and communications support to clients in the government sector and specializes in translating dense and complicated material into compelling narrative.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julianne PuckettSenior Consultant, Content StrategyAt Nexight, I enjoy being part of a team that appreciates and encourages both technical and creative approaches to problem-solving.
Senior Consultant, Content StrategyMA English, University of South Carolina; BA English, Mount Holyoke CollegeJulianne is an accomplished content strategist and user experience designer with more than 20 years’ experience supporting clients in the commercial, government, and non-profit sectors. She is passionate about helping clients better understand, reach, and engage their target audiences. At Nexight, Julianne uses research and analysis skills, design thinking, and marketing insight to translate and synthesize complex information into compelling content and experiences, both traditional and interactive.Email: email@example.com
- Karthik RameshResearch and Communications AnalystNexight promotes a culture of collaboration, innovation, and support, with a focus on work that improves health, security, and well-being. It’s a pleasure to work in a setting where everyone strives to make a difference.
Research and Communications AnalystBA Psychology, University of RochesterKarthik has a diverse background in both academic and corporate research, spanning subjects including but not limited to consumer engagement, individual and company-wide well-being, CSR, reputation management, and stakeholder engagement. He joined Nexight to collaborate in providing meaningful solutions to the complex challenges that our clients face.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew RichardsonResearch and Communications AnalystThe work we do at Nexight provides ample opportunities for me to apply the full range of my abilities to assist my colleagues and solve complex client problems.
Research and Communications AnalystMS Biological Sciences, University of Maryland at College Park; BS Biology, Saint Louis UniversityAndrew combines his extensive experience as a researcher with his intellectual curiosity to synthesize and communicate a wide variety of technical information. He specializes in biomedical science and brings his skills in science writing, data analysis and visualization, and project management to his work at Nexight.Email: email@example.com
- Karen SaffranEditor & Communications AnalystNexight recognizes and appreciates creativity as a major component of success, which was (and is!) a huge draw for me.
Editor & Communications AnalystMS Professional Writing, Towson University; BS English, Towson UniversityKaren specializes in producing creative and strategic communications with a critical focus on writing and editing. A former Technical Writer and English professor, she enjoys developing impactful narratives and professional documents to fully realize our clients’ vision.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat SiebenlistAssociateI enjoy working with people from different areas of expertise and knowledge at Nexight to tackle complex problems and deliver practical solutions for our clients.
AssociateBA Environmental Studies, Bates CollegePat joined Nexight to work on critical infrastructure and energy projects. He brings experience advancing policy solutions across various industries and branches of government.Email: email@example.com
- Beth SlaninkaDirectorI enjoy being part of a team working to find solutions to complex problems.
DirectorMS Energy Policy and Climate, Johns Hopkins University; BA Journalism, University of Maryland Philip Merrill College of JournalismBeth brings strong writing, editing, and research skills from her background in journalism to her work at Nexight. She manages analytic and strategic support on projects that examine complex issues through research, interviews, analysis, and facilitated sessions.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgan SmithTechnical ConsultantI am driven by work that ensures progress for the nation and the world, and that is precisely the kind of work Nexight focuses on.
Technical ConsultantMaster of Materials Science and Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University; BS Ceramic Engineering and BS Computer Science, Missouri University of Science and TechnologyMorgan brings experience consulting in renewable energy, energy efficiency, technology analyses, project management, and roadmapping and vision development. He provides technical and management problem solving through assessing a technology or policy issue, developing effective analyses or solutions, and iterating on the process to improve the results.Email: email@example.com
- Stephanie SpauldingAssociateMy role at Nexight allows me to use my qualitative research and critical thinking skills to help deliver practical solutions to complex problems.
AssociateBA Criminology and Psychology, University of North Carolina WilmingtonStephanie brings experience in social science research, financial and budget analysis, as well as terrorism/counterterrorism analysis skills to Nexight Group. She uses her experience in risk assessment and critical thinking to effectively analyze federal programs.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miya WardAssociateI enjoy working with employees of diverse educational and professional backgrounds who leverage their knowledge base to produce exceptional client work.
AssociateMBA, Brandeis University; BA Comparative Literature, Haverford CollegeMiya specializes in developing content for various types of stakeholders and takes pride in her ability to relay complex information in a way that’s accessible for a broader audience. She also uses her writing and storytelling skillset to craft engaging and informative work products for clients.Email: email@example.com